Click here if you are looking for the Mass schedule
The Liturgy Pillar supports the Catholic Center by facilitating students’ growth through encounters with God primarily in the Mass and the Sacraments. In particular, the pillar includes the following:
- Liturgy Servers
- Music Ministry
- Adoration Team
- Special Liturgical Event Planning/Organization
- Sanctuary Upkeep
Under the umbrella of our liturgy servers are the following roles which are all filled by students:
- altar servers
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
- Mass Captains
The Mass Captains take “ownership” of a particular Sunday Mass, ensuring that we have all server positions filled for the Mass and supporting the Chaplain before Mass as necessary. The Sacristans are responsible for ensuring that the behind the scenes details are handled.
Beauty is central to Christianity and music is an integral part of that. Headed by a music ministry coordinator, this group assists with music at each of our Sunday and special Masses through voice and instrument. Each Mass has a student leader who coordinates weekly practices with the vocalists and musicians.
Adoration is a time and place of prayer and encounter with Jesus Christ. We are very blessed to have many opportunities to adore Jesus exposed in the Blessed Sacrament at the Catholic Center. Headed by an adoration coordinator, the adoration team consists both of those faithful adorers who make extensive hours of Eucharistic Adoration possible here at the Catholic Center and those students who take a more active role helping to coordinate the adoration schedule.
How to Get Involved
- At the beginning of each semester, we’ll ask for sign-ups for all server positions and coordinate trainings for those interested. If you think you’ve missed your window of opportunity to sign up after we’ve finished training, think again! We’d love to add you to the team, and we’re able to train servers on a one-on-one basis, as necessary.
- Music ministry is ALWAYS looking for more voices and talent – just talk to one of the current members of the music ministry to find out when rehearsals are!
- Adoration is also ALWAYS open to anyone – just show up to the Adoration Chapel and spend some time with Jesus. If you’re interested in getting onto our weekly Adoration schedule as a general adorer, there are always signup forms right outside the Adoration Chapel.
- Many of the coordination-type roles require an application to the CSO board that usually happens at the end of the fall and spring, but feel free to contact or approach any of the current leaders to find out more about what they do.
And finally, with all of these things, feel free to chat with or email the current Liturgy Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re unsure about how to get involved or where to begin.