Who We Are
At the Georgia Tech Catholic Center, community is at the center of everything we do. We aim to cultivate fellowship through student-led activities, enriching student life and providing a place to call home. We host social events ranging from bonfires to game nights to outdoor sports, and we participate in Georgia Tech events such as homecoming, football games, and intramurals. Are you passionate about creating a vibrant, energetic environment for fellow Catholics at Tech and in the Atlanta area? Do you want to share your journey at Georgia Tech with a diverse group of people you will soon call friends? Consider getting involved in community life!
Current Program Offerings
All Catholic Center hosted events are student-run! We strive to provide new and exciting events to enrich your college experience and foster authentic relationships & encounters.
- Special Events: The Special Events Team plans fun-filled and unique events to engage our community over the course of the semester.
- Recreation Events: The Recreation coordinator manages Catholic Center intramurals and hosts field events or tournaments on campus.
- Greek Community Events: The Greek Community Coordinators are responsible for fostering Greek community at the Catholic Center and helping them live out their faith in their respective communities.
- Freshmen Events: The Freshmen Events Team hosts a variety of events for freshmen to come enjoy and meet friends in the faith.
- Coffee Baristas: Students can be trained to use the espresso machine in the main lobby to meet their and their friends’ coffee needs!
- Food Events: The Catholic center hosts community dinners, pancake breakfasts, and sundae nights during various Sundays of the month immediately following mass.
How To Get Involved
- First and foremost, check the Catholic Center calendar in the entrance lobby! There you will find all the planned events for the month. Community Life events are PINK, so save the time and date on your calendar!
- Just come hang out! People are always studying, playing games, or chatting in the lobby or basement of the Catholic Center, it is a great, organic way to meet people and become integrated in the community, all are ALWAYS welcomed!
- Towards the beginning of each semester, we will send out an interest form for intramurals. Sign up to compete and grow in community with your fellow Catholic Yellow Jackets!
- Ask to become a CC Barista and be trained to make espresso and various coffee specialties for you and your friends!
- At the end of the semester, pillar position applications open. If you are interested in serving as a member or the coordinator on a Community Life team, apply on the pillar position form for the next semester!
- At any point, reach out to me or one of our board members about getting involved!